Thursday, February 26, 2009

Junk Mail Paybacks

We just figured out a way to payback junk mailers for all the trouble they cause us with piles of unwanted junk mail. Not only is it a waste of paper, it's a waste of my time. I seriously have an entire extra large garbage bag full of junk mail every week. So here is the solution:

When you get junk mail, open it up and look for a postage paid return envelope. Then fill it up with as much paper junk as you can stuff inside. Be sure to make it extra heavy, since they will be the ones to foot the bill. My children are very artistic and I have an overwhelming pile of colored and painted pictures. I figure since I can't possibly keep them all, I might as well share them. So I throw in some "free" childrens artwork (and trust me...sometimes the artwork is pretty messy with extra glitter and globs of glue!) The kids love it too! They are always really excited to open junk mail and search for those postage paid envelopes. And lets not forget, we are helping to keep the post office in business too (and I am always happy to do my part!)

No comments: