Monday, June 15, 2009

Another step towards independence.








Bikes today, Cars tomorrow! Someone please tell me how to make it all stop. For some reason I don't remember seeing my other children grow up so quickly. It seems that everyday he has taken another huge step towards independence. I didn't really see any changes last summer in him, but this summer he seems to be changing daily. He is no longer amused with just playing inside with mommy. He wants to hang out with friends and have secrets that I am no longer cool enough to know. He said to me yesterday, "Mom, can I ride my bike to the end of the street now?" I am thinking, the end of the street, what's wrong with the driveway? It's such a big step to give him the entire street. In a week from now he will be asking for a quick trip to the corner store for some candy. I don't know why I can't seem to find happiness in all of his new found independence, he's just growing up faster then I can keep up.

No comments: