Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hockey Game













Robert brought home tickets from work for all of us to attend the game, but of COURSE he had to work. Taylor was thrilled because he got to bring a friend along and finally have another male to hang with. Sometimes I feel bad that Taylor has no brother around his age. The girls are best friends and are always off playing together creating dances or dressing up. Being that Hudson is the baby, he is allowed by the girls to hangout with them as long as he allows them to dress him up in cute little outfits (dresses mainly!) That leaves poor Tays to hang with Dad and honestly who wants to do that? So last night was a treat for Taylor. Hudson wasn't to thrilled with all of the noise at the game. Just minutes after the game started, Hudson turned and whispered in my ear, "My tummy hurts. I want to go home." Whenever my kids say their tummies hurt it usually means that they are going to vomit. We had three tubs of popcorn so I quickly dumped one out onto the floor and placed it in front of his face. For obvious reasons, people sitting near us began to give dirty looks (I wouldn't want a vomiting kid next to me either.) and so thinking quickly I offered him some ice cream. Doesn't ice cream make everything better? Yep, it sure does. Hudson recovered quickly. I think that all of the loud noise and that kind person who sat two rows behind us blowing that horn every 10 seconds may have played a part in his tummy ache. Several times Hudson stood up in his seat and yelled out to the horn honker, "Stop that. Be quiet!" I tried to explain to him that being loud was part of the hockey game. He disagreed and curled up into a ball and covered his ears. The only part of the entire game that he liked was seeing the team mascot "Winger". Hudson became a little upset when Winger walked past our row and failed to give him the attention he felt he deserved. So Hudson stood up in his chair (again) and screamed out "Hey you Wiener. Over here Wiener over here!" It's not his fault that he has a little lisp when he talks. Besides I'm sure he's been called worse.


No comments: