Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home Security System

Yesterday a Home Security sales man knocks at our door. If only he had come a few hours earlier he could have spoke with me and possibly have made a sale, but Robert answered the door. This is what was said,

Sales man: Good afternoon sir. I am here today to offer you a way to keep your family and house safe. I am selling peace of mind here.

Robert: I'm really not interested.

Sales man: Well sir, I see you have children. What would you do if a man broke into your house in the middle of the night?

Robert: I'd shoot him.

Sales man: Okay, what if you weren't home and your wife and children were home alone?

Robert: My wife would shoot him.

Sales man: I understand sir, but what if the children were home alone?

Robert: The kids would shoot him.

Sales man: Okay sir, lets forget about a home invasion. What if you were not home and someone broke into your house and robbed you?

Robert: That's why I have home owners insurance!

We only have one little problem with our home security system now. WE HAVE NO GUN! And I don't really want a gun in our home either. I guess we will have to get the second best thing to that: A couple of signs that read, "Don't Rob US, We Have a Gun!"

No comments: